Friday, June 15, 2007

scrabbles



Since it’s a non-schooling day, and since I’m kinda free cos I have not officially started school yet, I decided to take part in a scrabbles competition. Underestimating scrabbles as an easy board game and totally taking it for granted…it was something that I have expected out of myself. (hey Chong, you better stop your bad habit of underestimating!!!) As the game progresses, I found myself wrong. I was defeated but still I have Lady Luck to thank for still giving me a third prize. The truth is, only 4 person were competing for the upper secondary level! It was supposed to be more than that, it’s just that the school announced that Saturday is a schooling day and the game was pushed forward, which end up clashing with the “Amazing Race-Keat Hwa version”
It was also a coincidence that Yeoh Thean Jern, the Xiangqi Master was taking part too. For those who have no idea who he is, he emerged 4th in the 14th Asian Xiangqi Championship. Since I never spoke to this personality before, it was a very good encounter and an experience proved to be invaluable. I always had this impression that he was something like a book worm as he looks rather nerdy, and belongs to the passive type. Meeting him today made me change my mind altogether. He didn’t look nerdy and was rather outspoken. The bottom line is he was really good with scrabbles, which contributed to my inferiority and my unusual quietness. His steps…I mean they were like so…planned and highly skilled. And finally, he emerged champion, Han Cheng second. From here, it’s obvious he had the ability to predict something even before it happens, so that actually save the fuss of cleaning the mess after something happens. Very profound…

4 comments:

Paupau said...

Amazing Race Keat Hwa??!huh?what's about that again??

hee-rn chong said...

some very lame event organised by the school form six clubs and society. actually they were trying to make it a big even and guess what they end up pulling everybody fruitlessly into it on the deadline.

Paupau said...

har...really lame lah...i see Amazing Race these 2 words i already feel like something is not right already.hmm...other than this,don't have any lame events le ba?

hee-rn chong said...

for the moment no la...